Re: [RFC] quorum module configuration bits

On 1/25/2012 6:19 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

>>> Ok, I´ll make it happen by allow expected_votes: XX overrides the
>>> calculated one from the nodelist.
>>>
>>> You will be able to change expected_votes at runtime if necessary (up or
>>> down) and new "seen" nodes will automatically increase the expected_votes.
>>
>> Do I need to do it on every node or just on one?
>
> Just one and the change is propagated to all nodes.

I also verified this condition. One node propagates to all.

>> And, it should not be allowed to set it lower than number of votes from
>> currently active nodes.

This is how it already works. If you issue the command asking for
expected_votes < number_of_active_nodes, you get ev = number_of_active_node.

>> Probably even not lower than number of votes from nodes which are now
>> either active or inactive but joined at least once (I suppose that
>> nodelist is fully editable at runtime, so admin may some-how reset join
>> count of node and only than reduce expected_votes).

I have been thinking about this some more, but I am not sure I grasp the
use case or what kind of protection you try to suggest.

Reducing the number of expected_votes is an admin action, it´s not very
different from removing a node from the "seen" list manually and
recalculating expected_votes.

Can you clarify it for me?

Fabio