Re: [RFC] quorum module configuration bits

Hi,

13.01.2012 21:21, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
[snip]
>> + expected_votes is removed and instead auto-calculated based upon
>> quorum_votes in the node list

Is it possible to dynamically keep track of "seen" nodes here and use
only that nodes for expected_votes calculations?

I even have a use-case for that:
I "run" cluster consisting of max 17 nodes with UDPU, so all nodes are
listed in config. Currently only 3 nodes are powered on, because I do
not have load which requires more yet (and power is expensive in
european datacenters). When load increases I'd just power on additional
nodes and quorum expectations are recalculated automagically.
I have that implemented with corosync + pacemaker right now. Pacemaker
keeps that list of nodes and does quorum calculations correctly. And I'm
absolutely happy with that. From what I see changes being discussed will
break my happiness.

It would also be great if I'm able to forcibly remove inactive node from
that "seen" list with just one command on *one* cluster node. Use case
for that is a human error when wrong node is powered on by mistake.

Best,
Vladislav