Re: why CPG service notify sheepdog with downlist so many times when the node left the cluster ?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Angus Salkeld <asalkeld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:35:47PM +0800, Yunkai Zhang wrote:

Sorry, the description above is not accurate. we will receive confchg
messages in turn:
Memb: N2,N3,N4   Left:N1         Joined:null
Memb: N3,N4      Left:N2         Joined:null
Memb: N4         Left:N3         Joined:null

>> > Assuming there are no messages sent by cpg between these leaving events,
>> > this looks like a bug if totem generates 1 configuration change on this
>> > partition.
>> >

>> Yes, I can ensure that totem only generates 1 configuration change but
>> send three messages to client in this case:)
>>
>> > I've copied Angus since he wrote the latest incarnation of that code ;)
>
> It looks like the notifications could be merged together.
> We should raise a bug for it.

Well, if we confirm it is a bug, I can submit a patch for it.
Thanks Angus.

> -A
>

>> > Regards
>> > -steve