Re: why CPG service notify sheepdog with downlist so many times when the node left the cluster ?

On 10/25/2011 08:11 AM, Yunkai Zhang wrote:
> Hi Steven Dake:
>
> In our team, my coworkers and me are developing sheepdog which use CPG
> service provided by corosync.
>
> We found that sheepdog will receive more than one confchg msg when
> network partition occur.  For example, suppose the cluster has 4
> nodes: N1, N2, N3, N4,  and they form a single-ring initially. After a
> while, network partition occur, the single-ring divide into two
> sub-ring: ring(N1, N2, N3) and ring(N4). The sheepdog in the ring(N4)
> will receive the following confchg messages in turn:
> Memb: N2,N3,N4  Left:N1,           Joined:null
> memb: N3,N4       Left:N1,N2       Joined:null
> memb: N4            Left:N1,N2,N3  Joined:null

Assuming there are no messages sent by cpg between these leaving events,
this looks like a bug if totem generates 1 configuration change on this
partition.

I've copied Angus since he wrote the latest incarnation of that code ;)

Regards
-steve