why CPG service notify sheepdog with downlist so many times when the node left the cluster ?

Hi Steven Dake:

In our team, my coworkers and me are developing sheepdog which use CPG
service provided by corosync.

We found that sheepdog will receive more than one confchg msg when
network partition occur.  For example, suppose the cluster has 4
nodes: N1, N2, N3, N4,  and they form a single-ring initially. After a
while, network partition occur, the single-ring divide into two
sub-ring: ring(N1, N2, N3) and ring(N4). The sheepdog in the ring(N4)
will receive the following confchg messages in turn:
Memb: N2,N3,N4  Left:N1,           Joined:null
memb: N3,N4       Left:N1,N2       Joined:null
memb: N4            Left:N1,N2,N3  Joined:null

I have read the corosync's code, and found that corosync send these
confchg messages in function: downlist_master_choose_and_send (in the
for loop).

Why we send so many confchg message to CPG client(here is sheepdog)  ?
The fist two message will make client confusing and do more
meaningless work.

Can we give the user a selection to enable/disable this downlist
messages? Sheepdog just want to receive the last msg in this case.

Thank you!
--
Yunkai Zhang
Work at Taobao