Re: Using MySQL as a database for GnuCobol

On 25/04/18 17:38, Fred Young wrote:
> I would like to start using GnuCobol, and believe MySQL would be the
> best database option.  I’ve been unable to find documentation regarding
> setting up GnuCobol to use MySQL.
>

> Could someone please point me in the correct direction?  I’m assuming it
> is documented somewhere, but I haven’t seen it.
>

> Also, I’m used to the file manager being provided with the compiler.
>  Which is the “best” database to use?  MySQL would be nice so our Cobol
> programs could interface with our web software, but reliability has to
> be my number one concern.
>

> Thank you for your opinions, suggestions and help with the documentation.

Many Linux distros now include MariaDB rather than MySQL.  Early
versions of Maria were a drop-in replacement for MySQL (both were
developed by the same man), but they may have deviated slightly by now.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MariaDB#Prominent_users and the
"Support" section below.

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]