Re: JCL (Was: Hi all)

The Unisys Clearpath MCP systems have a compiled HLL known as WFL ( Work Flow Language) which dates back to 1961.   The purpose of WFL is to *ahem* manage workflows.
Program executions, return codes, tests for file presence, conditional processing based on a rather large number of conditions, manipulation of file and task attributes, and a great deal more are handled via WFL.