Re: JCL (Was: Hi all)

J. Leslie Turriff wrote:
> 	JCL (Job Control Language) is a sort of scripting tool for running jobs
> in
> the batch-oriented z/OS and z/VSE operating systems.  I don't believe
> there
> are any other OSes that use such a concept (the only others I've seen were
> on
> NCR's Century and Criterion OSes).

ICL's VME operting system does. Called SCL rather than JCL, but the
concept is the same. SCL is a compiled HLL in it's own right designed to
link together the cobol appication code and setting up the files etc. It
can also be used from the command line.

Dave

--
Hexagon Systems Limited                             Experts in VME solutions