Hi all

Hi there,
My name is martin Lindkvist from sweden and i have newly graduated from a cobol course in sweden. I have during this year under my studies used GnuCobol 1.1 and realy like it.
I am realy glad to se the new 2.0 comming together. The latest GnuCobol i have found now is GnuCobol-c++  and i dont know if this will mean that we can start to make qt-grafical iterfaces now with Gnucobol... This will be great for me as i'm using kdevelop as my ide.

Right now i use kdevelop with just normal makefile and kate-highlighting and that works good. for debugging i have this terminal app from an italian dude . I asked in the kdevelop forum if they knew if someone was working on support for GNUcobol language (because i hade seen in an relay old mailinglist that some company was making that) but got the answer that they knew noting about anyone doing that. I have aswell seen some where on the gnucobol forum a question abot just that and by that time the answer was no. So i was thinking to ask the question one more time here and aswell inform that i could se that next verion ov kdevelop will run on this crasy non-free system called windblows.

And another question is about jcl... i have found many companys that sells jcl interpreters an so on but do we have one FREEsource for nix like systems?

And a last question...
Is there a mail-list for jobs with GNUcobol?

ohhh i missed one realy last question... right now i'm using a precompiler for mysql but when i compiled the GNUcobol 2.0 and started to look around in the folder i saw a sqlca in the copybook catalog... why is that ?

Regards
Martin Lindkvist

--

Martin Lindkvist