Re: Hi all

Hi Martin and Welcome !

I know a lot of people will be happy top hear that there is another young COBOL programmer on his way and I am glad to hear that there was a COBOL course in Sweden(I was in Sweden 20 years ago).

I am not sure of the situation with the C++ branch but I know there are some problems with branches being stuck at 1.1.

You don't really need a C++ branch, you can mix C++ and GnuCOBOL 2.0. You will need to wrap code in extern "C" statements. Perhaps you could start with QT and use 2.0 for callbacks. There are string handling issues, they are covered at the back of the user manual and you can ask here.

I asked about JCL once and the basic answer was DON'T. It appears to be a language that was used to make up for shortcomings in OS that don't exist now.

There isn't a jobs list here. Others might be able to provide more guidance as to where to post.

Sorry I don't know about sqlca. GnuCOBOL works quite well with C if you can program in C, you could mesh mysql and GnuCOBOL by using the straight C API and I am sure there are other ways too.

Welcome again-Patrick