Re: NFS HA

> This locking is much more elegant in NFSv4. So in clustered NFS Server you
> should use v4. See the resource agent description for locking timeouts.

OK, I follow your advice.

> Obviously you'll need to tune this for your use case.
>
> So a floating service IP address. Client mount options are just
> "rw,hard,intr", with a DNS name associated to this service IP address.

Thank you Colin for your example.
A comment about NFSv4, with RHCS on CentOS 6 I have error when I use ressource "nfsexport". It seems that "nfsserver" is better in that case.

> How are you managing the failover?  If you are doing failover of the
> file system (e.g., via SAN), then I'd expect the HA service manager
> (rgmanager, pacemaker, etc.) to handle the export, since you don't
> want to do the export until the file system is mounted.  If you are
> exporting a replica file system, then I believe it has to be a block
> level replica (e.g., DRDB)--a file system replica via rsync or such
> will have different inode numbers, and AIR the inode number shows up
> in the NFS file handle.

I was on the second case (file system replica) so that's why I have the error about the ID.
Thank you very much for your light !
I use a centralized file system to resolve this.
I think it's the only way to permit transparent NFS failover ?