Re: [Openais] Newbie clustering questions

Per,

Hi Jan

Many thanks for your response.

I spent some more time on this yesterday so I found out that the nodes
needs really to have 2 nics, 2 ip's and the resource ip gets assigned to
the node that becomes the running node.

You don't need two nics. Even tho it's better, because you have separated cluster traffic from app traffic.

I have setup vmware fencing for each node, but I could not see anything in
the configuration to allow or disallow one node to fence of the other or
does this happen automagically? apologies if the question seem a bit stupid

Yes, it is happening automatically as long as you've configured fencing for every node.

but 1 week ago I started this project with very little experience in
clustering :)

That's why I'm recommending you to ask linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx and read some docs (https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/High_Availability_Add-On_Overview/index.html).

Regards,
  Honza

Regards
Per Qvindesland