Re: [Openais] Newbie clustering questions

Per,
it looks like none of your question is really corosync related (so I'm
CC'ing linux clustering <linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx> (this is really
better list) but I will try to answer at least some of your questions.

> Hi all
>
> I have redhat clustering running on a 3 VMware vm's 2 nodes and 1
> management server I can join the nodes without any problems but I got a
> couple of questions that I hope someone here can shed some lights on for me.
>
> If I want to add a ip resource to the cluster must both nodes be configured
> with a interface with that ip or is there a better way of doing it? If not

You must make sure that NO nodes has this address assigned. IPAddr
resource will take care to add ip to interface.

> then can one of the nodes have the nic in standby?

I don't think this is supported by any resource script.

> How do I add fencing for a VMware vm's I notice that there is the VMware
> soa must the each vm be configured with its individual VMware soa fencing
> or is fencing not needed? From what I can read fencing is needed.

Every node must be able to fence any other node. So you have to
configure fencing method for every node.

In theory fencing is not needed as long as you are not using shared
storage, but it's still better to have it.

> I am using Centos .6.5 with ESXI 4.1
>
> Many thanks for your time
>
> Regards

Regards,