Re: rhcs + gfs performance issues

Doug Tucker wrote:
I don't mean to teach you to suck eggs, so please don't take this as patronizing, 'cause that's not my intention in any way shape or form, but since 1TB SATA disks go for around $160, could you not just plug a couple of those in as scratch space for the migration?

I can't see a way around some significant downtime even with that, and
there is no way they will give me the option to be down from a planned
perspective.

So, out of nowhere straight into production, without performance user acceptance testing period? And they won't allow any planned downtime? My mind boggles.

Good luck.

Gordan