Re: Can't see all volumes

shirai@SystemCreateInc wrote:
Hi Mike

Could you show the output of cat /proc/scsi/scsi?
I think that it can recognize only the drive of LUN number 0.

1. Add the following line to/etc/modprobe.conf.
    options scsi_mod.o max_scsi_luns=255

slight correction:
options scsi_mod max_luns=255

2. Next, this setting must be read when you boot OS.
    #mkinitrd /boot/< your initrd image > `uname -r`

Regard

Shirai Noriyuki
Chief Engineer Technical Div. System Create Inc
Kanda Toyo Bldg, 3-4-2 Kandakajicho
Chiyodaku Tokyo 101-0045 Japan
Tel81-3-5296-3775 Fax81-3-5296-3777
e-mail:shirai@xxxxxxxxxx web:http://www.sc-i.co.jp

With all of the tech's on this list... no one has seen this problem?
Thought I'd ask again since I'm still stumped.

By the way, anyone know of any user groups, forums for the Xyratex/MTI
style
storage chassis?

Mike

This might or might not be the right list and if it is not, does anyone
know
one that would cover things like fibre channel RAID devices?
I have an 800GB RAID drive which I have split into 32 smaller volumes.
This
is a fibre channel system, Xyratex. The problem is that I cannot see any
more
than 2 volumes per controller when I check from any of the nodes.
Basically, I would like to set up a small volume for each node along with
their various GFS volumes.

begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:The Linux Warehouse (PTY) Ltd
adr:Randpark Ridge ext 58;;Cnr Bosbok and Kelly Roads;Johannesburg;;2154;South Africa
email;internet:riaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:General Manager / Presales Engineer
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522
tel;cell:+27 82 921 8768
note:Jabber: riaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx