Re: cephadm for Ubuntu 24.04

Hi,
thanks for your response.

Am 12.07.2024 um 10:24 schrieb Stefan Kooman:
... Note: just to be sure, you do _NOT_ want to use Ceph from Ubuntu 24.04 repositories. The 19.2.x release is not out yet (still RC) and this is a Ubuntu released version (why they ship this in a Ubuntu LTS version instead of a stable Ceph release is beyond me, but they might have their reasons ... @Canonical folks please chime in here).

Finally, I'm looking for a solution for production use and it would be great if I don't have to leave the usual Ubuntu procedures, especially when it comes to updates. We are also confused about the "RC vs. LTS"-thing.

But I will try you suggestion, I can learn ceph things this way and when the Ubuntu people fixed the issue, I can go ahead with that solution.

Thanks so far.

Thomas