RBD Mirror - Failed to unlink peer

I've had rbd mirror deployed for over a year copying images from Site A to Site B for DR.

After introducing an additional node into the cluster a few weeks back and creating OSD's on this node (no mon/mgr) we've started to see snapshots throwing an error 'librbd::mirror::snapshot::CreatePrimaryRequest: 0x7f24fc001bf0 handle_unlink_peer: failed to unlink peer: (2) No such file or directory'

However, the snapshot still completes (provides a Snapshot ID) and RBD mirror still pulls the snapshot on the remote end, so it appears to be working as expected, however every snapshot is generating this error.

I can't see anything else logged when this error is generated, it's progressively got worse since the start (the first day we saw around 2 errors on 150 snapshots, it's now about 145 errors on 150 snapshots)

The only other reference I can see to this is from 2 years ago and was related to a bug which was fixed a while ago.

I'm running Ceph 17.2.7.

Any idea what file/directory it's having issues with?

Thanks.