Re: Bug Found in Reef Releases - Action Required for pg-upmap-primary Interface Users

> How do you know if its safe to set `require-min-compat-client=ree
f` if you have kernel clients?

At the moment it is not enforced when it comes to accepting connections
from clients. There is undergoing discussion what was intended and
what the contract in librados finally became.

Regardless of this, the upmap-primary genuinely requires clients
to understand the concept. It shouldn't be turned on if an operator is
not sure that older clients can be neglected. What is connected
at given moment can be dumped the mon's `sessions` command.
I would expect the feature will become "universally useful" in long time
from now, together with proliferation of modern-enough kernels.

For right now upmap-primary has several defects, also about version
checks, and the best is to simply to not enable it (by adding mappings).
If mappings are already present, it's recommended to purge them,
Another reason for that is incompatible clients may get exposed (by
failing connection attempts) when the version / feature bit enforcement
gets fixed.

Regards,
Radek