RBD Mirror - Failed to unlink peer

Hi,

Following the introduction of an additional node to our Ceph cluster, we've started to see unlink errors when taking a rbd mirror snapshot.

We've had RBD mirroring configured for over a year now and it's been working flawlessly, however after we created OSD's on a new node we've receiving the following error:

librbd::mirror::snapshot::CreatePrimaryRequest: 0x7f60c80056f0 handle_unlink_peer: failed to unlink peer: (2) No such file or directory

This seemed to appear on around 3 of 150 snapshots on the first night and over the weeks has progressed to almost every snapshot.

What's odd, is that the snapshot appears to be taken without any issues and does mirror to the DR site - we can see the snapshot ID taken on the source side is mirrored to the destination side when checking the rbd snap ls, and we've tested promoting an image on the DR site to ensure the snapshot does include up to date data, which it does.

I can't see any other errors generated when the snapshot is taken to identify what file/directory isn't found - everything appears to be working okay it's just generating an error during the snapshot.

I've also tried disabling mirroring on the disk and re-enabling however it doesn't appear to make any difference - there's no error on the initial mirror image, or the first snapshot taken after that, but every subsequent snapshot shows the error again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

The content of this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tecnica Limited.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or any attachments thereto, in whole or part, without permission is strictly prohibited.

Tecnica Limited Registered office: 5 Castle Court, Carnegie Campus, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8PB.
Registered in Scotland No. SC250307.
VAT No. 827 5110 42.