Re: Why CEPH is better than other storage solutions?

Hello,

My turn ;-)

Ceph is strongly consistent. Either you read/write objects/blocs/files with an insured strong consistency OR you don't. Worst thing you can expect from Ceph, as long as it's been properly designed, configured and operated is a temporary loss of access to the data.

There are now a few companies in the world with deep knowledge of Ceph that are designing, deploying and operating Ceph clusters in the best way for their customers, contributing to the leadership and development of Ceph at the highest level, some of them even offering their own downstream version of Ceph, ensuring customers are operating the most up-to-date, stable and best performing version of Ceph.

In the long term, it is more interesting to invest in software and in reliable, responsive support, attentive to customers, capable of pushing certain developments to improve Ceph and match customers needs than to buy overpriced hardware, with limited functionalities and lifespan, from vendors not always paying attention to how customers use their products.

Regards,
Frédéric.