Re: rbd-mirror failed to query services: (13) Permission denied

I'm not entirely sure if I ever tried it with the rbd-mirror user instead of admin user, but I see the same error message on 17.2.7. I assume that it's not expected, I think a tracker issue makes sense.

Thanks,
Eugen

Zitat von Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

We are testing rbd-mirroring. There seems to be a permission error with the rbd-mirror user. Using this user to query the mirror pool status gives:

failed to query services: (13) Permission denied

And results in the following output:

health: UNKNOWN
daemon health: UNKNOWN
image health: OK
images: 3 total
    2 replaying
    1 stopped

So, this command: rbd --id rbd-mirror mirror pool status rbd

So basically the health and daemon health cannot be obtained due to permission errors, but status about images can.

When the command is run with admin permissions the health and daemon health are returned without issue.

I tested this on Reef 18.2.2.

Is this expected behavior? If not, I will create a tracker ticket for it.

Gr. Stefan