Re: ceph osd different size to create a cluster for Openstack : asking for advice

NVMe (hope those are enterprise not client) drives aren't likely to suffer the same bottlenecks as HDDs or even SATA SSDs.  And a 2:1 size ratio isn't the largest I've seen.

So I would just use all 108 OSDs as a single device class and spread the pools across all of them.  That way you won't run out of space in one before the other.

When running OSDs of multiple sizes I do recommend setting mon_max_pg_per_osd to 1000 so that the larger ones won't run afoul of the default value, especially when there's a failure.