Fwd: Ceph fs snapshot problem

Hi all,
I have just setup a small ceph cluster with ceph fs.
The setup is reef 18.2.1 on Debian bookworm.
The system is up and running the way it should,
though I have a problem with ceph fs snapshots.

When I read the doc I should be able to make a
snapshot in any directory in the filesystem.
I can do a snapshot in the root of the filesystem
but if I try somewhere else I get:
Operation not permitted
This is the same if I do it with mkdir or
with ceph fs subvolume snapshot create ...

I have created an auth client with rws:
[client.snap-mount]
       key = ****
       caps mds = "allow rws fsname=gds-common"
       caps mon = "allow r fsname=gds-common"
       caps osd = "allow rw tag cephfs data=gds-common"

Where the filsystem is called gds-common,
saved in a file on the client: /etc/ceph/ceph.client.snap-mount.keyring

I mount ceph fs with:
mount -t ceph :/ -o name=snap-mount /mnt

If I create a snapshot in root, it works fine, as in:
mkdir /mnt/.snap/mysnap
I also notice that in every subdir there is a "snapshot dir" as well
with the name _mysnap_1, as in:
/mnt/dir/.snap/_mysnap_1

My guess that is is a part of the snapshot system, this "snapshot"
dissapear when the snapshot is removed with:
rmdir /mnt/.snap/mysnap

If I try to make a snapshot in another directory this does not work:
mkdir /mnt/dir/.snap/othersnap
Get the error:
cannot create directory ‘/mnt/dir/.snap/othersnap’: Operation not permitted

It is the same thing on the commandline, root works:
ceph fs subvolume snapshot create gds-common / fromcmd

But not in a subdir:
ceph fs subvolume snapshot create gds-common /dir dirsnap
Error EINVAL: invalid value specified for ceph.dir.subvolume

I also notice that when you use any command of type:
ceph fs subvolume snapshot ...
You get a new directory (volumes) in the root:
/mnt/volumes/_legacy/6666cd76f96956469e7be39d750cc7d9.meta

I do not know if I am missing something, some lacking of
config or so.

Thanks for your help!!

Best regards
Marcus