Re: Some questions about cephadm

> I have another problem, the local registry. I deployed a local registry
> with the required images, then I used cephadm-ansible to prepare my hosts
> and inject the local registry url into /etc/container/registry.conf file
>
> Then I tried to deploy using this command on the admin node:
> cephadm --image 192.168.2.36:4000/ceph/ceph:v17 bootstrap --mon-ip
> 10.1.0.23 --cluster-network 10.2.0.0/16
>
> After the boot strap I found that it still downloads the images from the
> internet, even the ceph image itself, I see two images one from my registry
> the second from quay.
>
> There is a section that talks about using a local registry here
> https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/cephadm/install/#deployment-in-an-isolated-env
> ironment,
 but it's not clear especially about the other images. It talks
> about preparing a temporary file named initial-ceph.conf, then it does not
> use it???!!!
>
> Could you help?

That's right, the docs are not clear here. I know I had a previous
conversation about this but I can't find it nor recall if the conversation
happened on the mailing list, slack, or a tracker issue.

Regardless, the option you need to pass the initial conf to bootstrap is `--
config/-c`. As per the section you need to customize the image names and then
they will be downloaded from the local registry.