Re: Some questions about cephadm

Thank you all for your help.

@Adam
>From the reading you gave me I have understood the following :
1 - Set osd_memory_target_autotune to true then set
autotune_memory_target_ratio to 0.2
2 - Or do the math. For my setup I have 384Go per node, each node has 4
nvme disks of 7.6To, 0.2 of memory is 19.5G. So each OSD will have 19G of
memory.

Question : Should I take into account the size of the disk when calculating
the required memory for an OSD?

I have another problem, the local registry. I deployed a local registry
with the required images, then I used cephadm-ansible to prepare my hosts
and inject the local registry url into /etc/container/registry.conf file

Then I tried to deploy using this command on the admin node:
cephadm --image 192.168.2.36:4000/ceph/ceph:v17 bootstrap --mon-ip
10.1.0.23 --cluster-network 10.2.0.0/16

After the boot strap I found that it still downloads the images from the
internet, even the ceph image itself, I see two images one from my registry
the second from quay.

There is a section that talks about using a local registry here
https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/cephadm/install/#deployment-in-an-isolated-environment,
but it's not clear especially about the other images. It talks about
preparing a temporary file named initial-ceph.conf, then it does not use
it???!!!

Could you help?

Regards.