Re: Is a direct Octopus to Reef Upgrade Possible?

Hi,

no, you can't go directly from O to R, you need to upgrade to Q first. Technically it might be possible but it's not supported. Your approach to first adopt the cluster by cephadm is my preferred way as well.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von "Alex Hussein-Kershaw (HE/HIM)" <alexhus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi ceph-users,

I currently use Ceph Octopus to provide CephFS & S3 Storage for our app servers, deployed in containers by ceph-ansible. I'm planning to take an upgrade to get off Ceph Octopus as it's EOL.

I'd love to go straight to reef, but vaguely remember reading a statement that only two major versions can be taken on upgrade. I've failed to find that statement again.

Is it possible to go directly from Octopus straight to Reef?

I think a sensible approach here is to first migrate our existing deployments to use cephadm, and then use cephadm to upgrade. Any advice on this very welcome.

Many thanks,
Alex