Re: About ceph disk slowops effect to cluster

Only change it with a custom profile, no with built-in profiles, i am
configuring it from ceph dashboard.

osd_mclock_scheduler_client_wgt=6 -> this is my setting

Vào Th 7, 13 thg 1, 2024 vào lúc 02:19 Anthony D'Atri <aad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
đã viết:

> > On Jan 12, 2024, at 03:31, Phong Tran Thanh <tranphong079@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Yang and Anthony,
> >
> > I found the solution for this problem on a HDD disk 7200rpm
> >
> > When the cluster recovers, one or multiple disk failures because slowop
> > appears and then affects the cluster, we can change these configurations
> > and may reduce IOPS when recovery.
> > osd_mclock_profile=custom
> > osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_lim=0.2
> > osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_res=0.2
> > osd_mclock_scheduler_client_wgt
>
> This got cut off.  What value are you using for wgt?
>
> And how are you setting these?
>
> With 17.2.5 I get
>
> [rook@rook-ceph-tools-5ff8d58445-gkl5w /]$ ceph config set osd
> osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_res 0.2
> Error EINVAL: error parsing value: strict_si_cast: unit prefix not
> recognized
>
> but with 17.2.6 it works.
>
> The wording isn't clear but I suspect this is a function of
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57533
>

> > Vào Th 4, 10 thg 1, 2024 vào lúc 11:22 David Yang <gmydw1118@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> > đã viết:
> >
> >> The 2*10Gbps shared network seems to be full (1.9GB/s).
> >> Is it possible to reduce part of the workload and wait for the cluster
> >> to return to a healthy state?
> >> Tip: Erasure coding needs to collect all data blocks when recovering
> >> data, so it takes up a lot of network card bandwidth and processor
> >> resources.
> >>

> > --
> > Trân trọng,

Trân trọng,