Re: About ceph disk slowops effect to cluster

> On Jan 12, 2024, at 03:31, Phong Tran Thanh <tranphong079@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Yang and Anthony,
>
> I found the solution for this problem on a HDD disk 7200rpm
>
> When the cluster recovers, one or multiple disk failures because slowop
> appears and then affects the cluster, we can change these configurations
> and may reduce IOPS when recovery.
> osd_mclock_profile=custom
> osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_lim=0.2
> osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_res=0.2
> osd_mclock_scheduler_client_wgt

This got cut off.  What value are you using for wgt?

And how are you setting these?

With 17.2.5 I get

[rook@rook-ceph-tools-5ff8d58445-gkl5w /]$ ceph config set osd osd_mclock_scheduler_background_recovery_res 0.2
Error EINVAL: error parsing value: strict_si_cast: unit prefix not recognized

but with 17.2.6 it works.

The wording isn't clear but I suspect this is a function of https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57533