Re: cephadm vs ceph.conf

Le 23/11/2023 à 15:35:25+0100, Michel Jouvin a écrit
Hi,

> You should never edit any file in the containers, cephadm takes care of it.
> Most of the parameters described in the doc you mentioned are better managed
> with "ceph config" command in the Ceph configuration database. If you want
> to run the ceph commnand on a Ceph machine outside a container, you can add

Ok. Of course I'll not touch anything inside any container, I juste check
the overlay to see if the container use this file.

It's just I see in lot of place in the documentation some configuration
to put in the /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

> the label _admin to your host in "ceph orch host" so that cephadm takes care
> of maintaining your /etc/ceph.conf (outside the container).

Ok. I'm indeed using ceph orch & Cie.

Thanks.

Regards.

JAS