Re: cephadm vs ceph.conf

Hi Albert,

You should never edit any file in the containers, cephadm takes care of it. Most of the parameters described in the doc you mentioned are better managed with "ceph config" command in the Ceph configuration database. If you want to run the ceph commnand on a Ceph machine outside a container, you can add the label _admin to your host in "ceph orch host" so that cephadm takes care of maintaining your /etc/ceph.conf (outside the container).

Cheers,

Michel