Re: Redeploy ceph orch OSDs after reboot, but don't mark as 'unmanaged'

Hi Eugen,

I stopped one OSD (which was deployed by ceph orch before) and this is what the MGR log says:

2023-11-09T13:35:36.941+0000 7f067f1f0700  0 [cephadm DEBUG cephadm.services.osd] osd id 96 daemon already exists

Before and after that are JSON dumps of the LVM properties of all OSDs. I get the same messages when I delete all files under /var/lib/ceph/<FSID>/osd.96 and the OSD service symlink in /etc/systemd/system/.

ceph cephadm osd activate --verbose only shows this:

[{'flags': 8,
  'help': 'Start OSD containers for existing OSDs',
  'module': 'mgr',
  'perm': 'rw',
Created no osd(s) on host XXX; already created?

I suspect that it doesn't work for OSDs that are not explicitly marked as managed by ceph orch. But how do I do that?

I also commented the tracker issue you referred to.

Which issue exactly do you mean?

Janek

Thanks,
Eugen

Zitat von Janek Bevendorff <janek.bevendorff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Actually, ceph cephadm osd activate doesn't do what I expected it to do. It  seems to be looking for new OSDs to create instead of looking for existing OSDs to activate. Hence, it does nothing on my hosts and only prints 'Created no osd(s) on host XXX; already created?' So this wouldn't be an option either, even if I were willing to deploy the admin key on the OSD hosts.