Re: Ceph Dashboard - Community News Sticker [Feedback]

Hi,

No, I don't think it's not very useful at best, and bad at worst.

In the IT organizations I've worked so far, any systems that actually store
data, were in the highest security zone, where no connection incoming/or
outgoing to the internet was allowed. Our systems couldn't even resolve
internet DNS names. Our IT Risk would never allow such connections.
Access to the dashboard would also be limited to a few IT operations
people, who wouldn't have interest or time to look through community events
and blog posts. Software that assumes it has free access to internet always
causes more work/hassle for people who have to manage it in IT environments
that have a no internet access policy

Thanks & Regards

Reto