Re: 17.2.7 quincy dashboard issues

In my case I'm adding a label that is unique to each ceph cluster and then can filter on that.  In my ceph dashboard in grafana I've added a pull-down list to check each different ceph cluster.

You need a way for me to configure what labels to filter on so I can match it up with how I configured the prometheus. Alternately publish all metrics to prometheus with fsid label then you can auto-filter based on the fsid of the ceph cluster since fsid is unique.

On 2023-11-02 01:03, Nizamudeen A wrote:

    We have 4 ceph clusters going into the same prometheus instance.

Just curious, In the prometheus, if you want to see the details for a single cluster, how's it done through query?

For reference, these are the queries that we are currently using now.

    USEDCAPACITY = 'ceph_cluster_total_used_bytes',
      WRITEIOPS = 'sum(rate(ceph_pool_wr[1m]))',
      READIOPS = 'sum(rate(ceph_pool_rd[1m]))',
      READLATENCY = 'avg_over_time(ceph_osd_apply_latency_ms[1m])',
      WRITELATENCY = 'avg_over_time(ceph_osd_commit_latency_ms[1m])',
      READCLIENTTHROUGHPUT = 'sum(rate(ceph_pool_rd_bytes[1m]))',
      WRITECLIENTTHROUGHPUT = 'sum(rate(ceph_pool_wr_bytes[1m]))',
      RECOVERYBYTES = 'sum(rate(ceph_osd_recovery_bytes[1m]))'

We might not have considered the possibility of multiple ceph-clusters pointing to a single prometheus instance. In that case there should be some filtering done with cluster id or something to properly identify it.

FYI @Pedro Gonzalez Gomez <mailto:pegonzal@xxxxxxxxxx> @Ankush Behl <mailto:anbehl@xxxxxxxxxx> @Aashish Sharma <mailto:aasharma@xxxxxxxxxx>

Regards,
Nizam