Re: Dashboard and Object Gateway

you're right that many docs still mention ceph.conf, after the mimic
release added a centralized config database to ceph-mon. you can read
about the mon-based 'ceph config' commands in
https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/rados/configuration/ceph-conf/#commands

to modify rgw_admin_entry for all radosgw instances, you'd use a command like:

$ ceph config set client.rgw rgw_admin_entry admin

then restart radosgws because they only read that value on startup