Re: rgw: strong consistency for (bucket) policy settings?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 06:09:57PM -0400, Casey Bodley wrote:
> each radosgw does maintain its own cache for certain metadata like
> users and buckets. when one radosgw writes to a metadata object, it
> broadcasts a notification (using rados watch/notify) to other radosgws
> to update/invalidate their caches. the initiating radosgw waits for
> all watch/notify responses before responding to the client. this way a
> given client sees read-after-write consistency even if they read from
> a different radosgw

Very nice indeed. Does it completely eliminate any time window of
incoherent behaviour among rgw daemons (one rgw applying old policy to
requests, some other rgw already applying new policy), or will it just
be a very short window?

thanks
Matthias