Re: Permissions of the .snap directory do not inherit ACLs in 17.2.6

Your description seems to match my observations trying to create cephfs snapshots via dashboard. In latest Octopus it works, in Pacific 16.2.13 and Quincy 17.2.6 it doesn't, in Reef 18.2.0 it works again.

Zitat von MARTEL Arnaud <arnaud.martel@xxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

We have a lot of shared directories in cephfs and each directory has a specific ACL to grant access to several groups (for read and/or for read/write access).

Here is the complete steps to reproduce the pb in 17.2.6 with only one group, GIPSI, in the ACL:

# mkdir /mnt/ceph/test

# chown root:nogroup /mnt/ceph/test

# chmod 770 /mnt/ceph/test

# setfacl --set="u::rwx,g::rwx,o::-,d:m::rwx,m::rwx,d:g:GIPSI:rwx,g:GIPSI:rwx" /mnt/ceph/test/

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test

# file: mnt/ceph/test

# owner: root

# group: nogroup

user::rwx

group::rwx

group:GIPSI:rwx

mask::rwx

other::---

default:user::rwx

default:group::rwx

default:group:GIPSI:rwx

default:mask::rwx

default:other::---

# touch /mnt/ceph/test/foo

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test/foo

# file: mnt/ceph/test/foo

# owner: root

# group: root

user::rw-

group::rwx           #effective:rw-

group:GIPSI:rwx      #effective:rw-

mask::rw-

other::---

# mkdir /mnt/ceph/ec42/test/.snap/snaptest

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test/.snap

# file: mnt/ceph/test/.snap

# owner: root

# group: nogroup

user::rwx

group::rwx

other::---

As a result, no member of the GIPSI group is able to access the snaphots…

And we had no user complained about the access to the snapshots before our upgrade so I suppose that the ACL of the .snap directory was OK in pacific (> 16.2.9)

Arnaud