Re: Permissions of the .snap directory do not inherit ACLs in 17.2.6

Hi Eugen,

We have a lot of shared directories in cephfs and each directory has a specific ACL to grant access to several groups (for read and/or for read/write access).

Here is the complete steps to reproduce the pb in 17.2.6 with only one group, GIPSI, in the ACL:

# mkdir /mnt/ceph/test

# chown root:nogroup /mnt/ceph/test

# chmod 770 /mnt/ceph/test

# setfacl --set="u::rwx,g::rwx,o::-,d:m::rwx,m::rwx,d:g:GIPSI:rwx,g:GIPSI:rwx" /mnt/ceph/test/

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test

# file: mnt/ceph/test

# owner: root

# group: nogroup

user::rwx

group::rwx

group:GIPSI:rwx

mask::rwx

other::---

default:user::rwx

default:group::rwx

default:group:GIPSI:rwx

default:mask::rwx

default:other::---

# touch /mnt/ceph/test/foo

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test/foo

# file: mnt/ceph/test/foo

# owner: root

# group: root

user::rw-

group::rwx           #effective:rw-

group:GIPSI:rwx      #effective:rw-

mask::rw-

other::---

# mkdir /mnt/ceph/ec42/test/.snap/snaptest

# getfacl /mnt/ceph/test/.snap

# file: mnt/ceph/test/.snap

# owner: root

# group: nogroup

user::rwx

group::rwx

other::---

As a result, no member of the GIPSI group is able to access the snaphots…

And we had no user complained about the access to the snapshots before our upgrade so I suppose that the ACL of the .snap directory was OK in pacific (> 16.2.9)

Arnaud