Issues in installing old dumpling version to add a new monitor

Hi,

I have a very old Ceph cluster running the old dumpling version 0.67.1. One
of the three monitors suffered a hardware failure and I am setting up a new
server to replace the third monitor running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (all the other
monitors are using the old Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

I used ceph-deploy to deploy the cluster initially, and I can't use it
since it's a very old version of ceph-deploy -- having issues with apt-key
being deprecated and since ceph-deploy is no longer maintained, I can't
upgrade it. And even if I can, I am not too sure if it works since the
dumpling version is no longer in Ceph's official repository.

So I tried to install it manually by cloning it from git:

git clone -b dumpling https://github.com/ceph/ceph.git

But when I tried to run "git submodule update --init" or "./autogen.sh" as
per the README file, I am encountering this error:

====
root@ceph-mon-04:~/ceph-dumpling/ceph# git submodule update --init
Submodule 'ceph-object-corpus' (git://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git)
registered for path 'ceph-object-corpus'
Submodule 'src/libs3' (git://github.com/ceph/libs3.git) registered for path
'src/libs3'
Cloning into '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus'...
fatal: repository 'https://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git/' not found
fatal: clone of 'git://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git' into submodule
path '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus' failed
Failed to clone 'ceph-object-corpus'. Retry scheduled
Cloning into '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/src/libs3'...
Cloning into '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus'...
fatal: repository 'https://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git/' not found
fatal: clone of 'git://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git' into submodule
path '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus' failed
Failed to clone 'ceph-object-corpus' a second time, aborting
root@ceph-mon-04:~/ceph-dumpling/ceph# git submodule update --init
--recursive
Cloning into '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus'...
fatal: repository 'https://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git/' not found
fatal: clone of 'git://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git' into submodule
path '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus' failed
Failed to clone 'ceph-object-corpus'. Retry scheduled
Cloning into '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus'...
fatal: repository 'https://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git/' not found
fatal: clone of 'git://ceph.com/git/ceph-object-corpus.git' into submodule
path '/root/ceph-dumpling/ceph/ceph-object-corpus' failed
Failed to clone 'ceph-object-corpus' a second time, aborting
root@ceph-mon-04:~/ceph-dumpling/ceph#
====

It seems that the repositories required for the submodules are no longer
there. Anyone can advise me on the correct direction on how can I install
the dumpling version of Ceph for me to add a new monitor? At the moment
only 2 monitors out of 3 are up and I am worried that the cluster will be
down if I lose another monitor.

$ ceph status
  cluster 1660b11f-1074-4f5d-aa7c-64b479397a2f
   health HEALTH_WARN 1 mons down, quorum 0,1 ceph-mon-01,ceph-mon-02

What approach I should take:
- Continue trying the manual installation/compiling route?
- Continue trying the ceph-deploy route (by fixing the apt-key deprecation
issue)?
- Try to install the same old OS (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) on the new server (not
too sure if I still have the ISO) and see if it works?
- Try to upgrade the current cluster and then add the monitor later after
upgrade? (is it risky to upgrade with HEALTH_WARN status)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
-ip-