[RGW] Rebuilding a non master zone

Hello cephers !

As I was asking in another thread ([RGW] Rebuilding a non master zone),
I try to find the best way to rebuild a zone in a multisite config.
The goal is to get rid of remaining Large OMAP objects.

The simplest way, as I can rely only on the primary zone, is to :
- remove the zone from the zonegroup
- delete the pools
- recreate them by restarting radosgw instances
- add the zone in the zonegroup

Is there a simpler way ?
One question I already asked was : can I delete only index and data pools (ZONE.rgw.buckets.data and ZONE.rgw.buckets.index), the multisite config (zones and zonegroup) should be still there, and perhaps it will just resync (or I can force a sync init) ?

Another thing, about ceph-ansible, which I still use.

I configure my zones with the multisite config of ceph-ansible, but one thing bothers me : it defines the zone endpoints on each radosgw instances, even with the loadbalancer configured.

So, do you think I'd better not configure multisite with ceph-ansible, and do it manually ?

Is there a way that will make things easier to migrate to cephadm ?