Re: RGW archive zone lifecycle

> On Feb 7, 2023, at 6:07 AM, ondrej@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have two Ceph clusters in a multi-zone setup. The first one (master zone) would be accessible to users for their interaction using RGW.
> The second one is set to sync from the master zone with the tier type of the zone set as an archive (to version all files).
>
> My question here is. Is there an option to set a lifecycle for the version files saved on the archive zone? For example, keep only 5 versions per file or delete version files older than one year?
>
> Thanks a lot.

It appears that this feature is in main and I’m guessing will likely be included in reef. There is a tracker for a backport to quincy but no one has done it yet. See:

	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/53361
	https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/56440
	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/46928

In the PR linked immediately above, looking at the additions to the file src/test/rgw/test_rgw_lc.cc, you can find this XML snippet:

<Filter>
   <And>
      <ArchiveZone />
      <Tag>