Re: how to sync data on two site CephFS

Hi,

On 16.02.23 12:53, zxcs wrote:

we  already have a CephFS cluster, called A,  and now we want to setup another CephFS cluster(called B) in other site.
And we need to  synchronize data with each other for some directory(if all directory can synchronize , then very very good), Means when we write a file in A cluster, this file can auto sync to B cluster, and when we create a file or directory on B Cluster, this file or directory can auto sync to A Cluster.

Ceph has CephFS snapshot mirroring: https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephfs/cephfs-mirroring/

But this is a one way mirror. It only supports A -> B.

You need a two way sync. There is software like unison available for that task: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unison_(software)

If you do not have too many or too large directories you could let unison run regularily. But it will bail on conflicts, meaning it has to ask what to do if a file has been changed on both sides.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin