OSD: why perf stats not collect all counters like perf dump?

Hi, everyone:
I'm trying to monitor OSD's throttler, since our clusters have
encountered throttler being full problems several times, and there is
no warning message. By reading the code, I found there is an interface
called OSD::get_perf_reports, which periodically sends osd stats to
mgr. What confused me is that this function wrote a bunch of codes to
implement instead of using a 'perf dump' logic to get all stats.

My question is why not just collect all information by a `perf dump`
logic, that will not only simplify codes but also expose all perf
counters to mgr, which can help to monitor those counters?

Thanks!