Re: colocation of MDS (count-per-host) not working in Quincy?

On Thursday, July 28, 2022 3:45:30 PM EDT Vladimir Brik wrote:
> count_per_host worked!
>
> I create a ticket.

Good to hear. Thanks!

>  > Regardless of whether this is a good idea or not the
>
> option is a
>
>  > generic one and should be handled gracefully. :-)
>
> Do you mean running multiple MDSes on a single host may not
> be a good idea?

Right, I'm not an expert in this area, but the issue is that running multiple
MDS for the same file system won't give any redundancy if that node fails. If
you run two MDS services, and they're on different hosts the standby MDS on the
other node can take over.

If you use this option there's also the chance that the services may want to
bind to the same port. I don't know if that the case for the MDS.