Re: colocation of MDS (count-per-host) not working in Quincy?

count_per_host worked!

I create a ticket.

> Regardless of whether this is a good idea or not the option is a
> generic one and should be handled gracefully. :-)
Do you mean running multiple MDSes on a single host may not be a good idea?

Vlad

On 7/28/22 14:11, John Mulligan wrote:
On Thursday, July 28, 2022 2:14:57 PM EDT Vladimir Brik wrote:
Hello

I tried to run multiple MDSes per host using this yaml (per
https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/services/index.html#co-location-of-d
aemons):

service_type: mds
service_id: default
service_name: mds.default
placement:
    count-per-host: 2
    label: mds

But got: Error EINVAL: PlacementSpec: __init__() got an
unexpected keyword argument 'count-per-host'

Please try 'count_per_host' if you haven't already.

Is this just not supported yet or is there another way to
get multiple MDSes on the same host?

I was curious about this and saw parts of the codebase and the docs refer to
this field as "count-per-host" but I couldn't find any example yaml that uses
this only 'count_per_host'.

Even if this suggestion works, please also file a tracker issue on ceph orch
for this. We should either fix the docs or have a better error message or both.