Re: rbd mirroring - journal growing and snapshot high io load

many thanks, we will check the slides ... are looking great

ok, you mean, that the growing came, cause of replication is to slow?
strange ... i thought our cluster is not so big ... but ok.
so, we cannot use journal ...
maybe some else have same result?

If you want a bit more details on this you can check my slides here:
https://codimd.web.cern.ch/p/-qWD2Y0S9#/.

Hmmm I think there are some plan to have a way to spread the snapshots
in the provided interval in Reef (and not take every snapshots at once)
but that's unfortunately not here today... The timing thing is a bit
weird but I am not an expert on RBD snapshots implication in general...
Maybe you can try to reproduce by taking snapshot by hand with `rbd
mirror image snapshot` on some of your images, maybe that's something
related to really big images? Or that there was a lot of write since the
last snapshot?

yes right, i was alos thinking of this ...
i would like to find something, to debug the problem.
problems after 50days ... i do not understand this

which way are you actually going? do you have a replication?

ronny