Re: rbd mirroring - journal growing and snapshot high io load

hi arthur and thanks for answering,

Am 2022-05-12 13:06, schrieb Arthur Outhenin-Chalandre:
Hi Ronny

Yes according to my test we were not able to have a good replication
speed on a single image (I think it was 30Mb/s per image something like
that). So you have probably a few image that write a lot and thus are
much behind in term of replication...

ok, you mean, that the growing came, cause of replication is to slow?
strange ... i thought our cluster is not so big ... but ok.
so, we cannot use journal ...
maybe some else have same result?

If you have no rbd-mirror running while snapshot mirroring is enabled,
for me it means me that the load come from taking/deleting snapshots...
At what interval did you configure for mirror snapshots?

that was also my idea ... we use 20 min.
we had this 50days running and everything was fine.
we also tried a longer period, 2h. the result i/o load was much higher, than before.

after we set schule time to 1h, the load was higher.
the time between the snapshots had also a little bit higher load, than before ... strange.
i mean:
9h00 load 45%
9h16 - 9h56 load 2,5%

the first 50 days, we had a complete load 0,5-1%.

ronny