Re: Ceph PGs stuck inactive after rebuild node

Basically, these are the steps to remove all OSDs from that host (OSDs are not "replaced" so they aren't marked "destroyed") [1]:

1) Call 'ceph osd out $id'
2) Call systemctl stop ceph-osd@$id
3) ceph osd purge $id --yes-i-really-mean-it
4) call ceph-volume lvm zap --osd-id $id --destroy

After all disks have been wiped there's a salt runner to deploy all available OSDs on that host again[2]. All OSDs are created with a normal weight. All OSD restarts I did were on different hosts, not on the rebuilt host. The only difference I can think of that may have an impact is that this cluster consists of two datacenters, the others were not devided into several buckets. Could that be an issue?

[1] https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/blob/master/srv/modules/runners/osd.py#L179
[2] https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/blob/master/srv/salt/_modules/dg.py#L1396