Re: Ceph PGs stuck inactive after rebuild node

Sure, from the output of 'ceph pg map <PG>' you get the acting set, for example:

cephadmin:~ # ceph pg map 32.18
osdmap e7198 pg 32.18 (32.18) -> up [9,2,1] acting [9,2,1]

Then I restarted OSD.9 and the inactive PG became active again.
I remember this has been discussed a couple of times in the past on this list, but I'm wondering if this still happens in newer releases. I assume there's no way of preventing that, so we'll probably go with the safe approach on the next node. It's a production cluster and this incident was not expected, of course. At least we got it back online.

Zitat von Zakhar Kirpichenko <zakhar@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "restarting the primary PG"?

Best regards,
Zakhar