Re: Something akin to FSIMAGE in ceph

Thanks William….

I’m going to mess with it, see how it does.  I hadn’t thought about
utilizing mlocate for this case, but wouldn’t be the worst thing if it can
keep up.  The major issue we are having with most solutions is just time.
It takes so long for most utilities to run through even my modest 34
million files as of today.

That’s why I was wondering if this may be another ceph super power, as
having the rbytes and rifles has been for us.  Those features have
eliminated so many very slow processes for figuring out what directories
are using more than others (until we can get quotas in place).

If this file name data was already in some DB somewhere that could be
queried “off line” we wouldn’t have to waste the cycles actively capturing
that data etc.

Appreciate the response!