Re: dashboard with grafana embedding in 16.2.6

Hi Marc,

While it might be tempting to rely on Ceph itself to store the monitoring
data, IMHO it would be a bad idea: the monitoring I/O load might interfere
with the cluster performance, and, in a worst case scenario, the monitoring
data might become unavailable (probably the exact kind of situation where
you most needed those data).

The current monitoring stack HA for stateful services is based on
statically-pinned redundant instances (e.g.: ceph orch apply prometheus
--placement="monitoring[1-3]"). For stateless ones there's work planned to
extend the Cephadm scheduler to support dynamic rescheduling (
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/47038).

Kind Regards,
Ernesto